Bond’s Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours, Intensive) allows you to complement your undergraduate studies with a focussed research project of your choice, over a 7-month (two semesters) period. You will be required to conceptualise, plan, organise, undertake, and report on an independent research project while being supervised by an academic staff member.
The Honours (Intensive) program is a period of intensive research training and independent research and study, culminating in an Honours Thesis and presentation of a research seminar.
An Honours degree is a pathway for entry into postgraduate research master’s and PhD programs. As an Honours graduate, you will be highly valued by employers based on your demonstrated skills in written and oral communication, analytical skills, critical thinking and interpretation and project management.
- Complete your Honours degree in just two semesters through an intensive program of coursework and research.
- Unrivalled access to laboratories, research resources, and personal support from dedicated researchers and laboratory staff.
- Seamless transition to research master’s and PhD studies.
- Pathway program into postgraduate study.
- Work independently on a research project of your choice, under the supervision of a world renowned academic.
About the program
The honours (Intensive) program is an intensive period of research training and independent research culminating in the production of a research thesis and presentation of a research seminar. Students undertake an intensive program of coursework and research in which they conceptualise, plan, organise, undertake and report on an independent research project, whilst being supervised by a member of the academic staff. Show more
The honours (Intensive) program is an intensive period of research training and independent research culminating in the production of a research thesis and presentation of a research seminar. Students undertake an intensive program of coursework and research in which they conceptualise, plan, organise, undertake and report on an independent research project, whilst being supervised by a member of the academic staff. Focussed research projects in the various disciplines will vary on an annual basis. Show less
|Duration||2 semesters (8 months)|
|Program type||Honours Degree|
|Study area||Health Sciences|
|Credit for prior study||For more details on applying for credit, please contact the Student Business Centre: [email protected]|
The below fees are based on the total estimated program fee divided by the number of standard full-time semesters required to complete the program. Fees may vary based on which subjects are selected and the number of subjects enrolled in for each semester.
Semester program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2022: $15,800* per semester average
- Students commencing study in 2023: $16,200* per semester average
Total program fee:
- Students commencing study in 2022: $35,550
- Students commencing study in 2023: $36,450
When considering the fees associated with your studies, keep in mind that Bond’s accelerated schedule means you can finish your degree sooner and be out in the workforce up to a year earlier than most other universities.
This time saving also represents a substantial reduction in accommodation and living costs, plus a full year of extra earnings.
* The fees listed are average costs displayed to provide an indicative program cost only, they may differ to the indicative fee included in the Bond University offer letter due to differences in individual and exact study schedules.
Tuition fees are subject to change on an annual basis and will be charged at the appropriate fee for the year of enrolment.
Entry Requirements (Academic)
Completion of an Australian undergraduate degree program (or equivalent) with at least 60 credit points (or equivalent) related to the general area of the proposed Honours research project.
Entry Requirements (Scores)
GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or 5.0 on a 7.0 scale (65%).
Entry Requirements (TER)
Required IELTS Academic Scores
7.0 (No sub score less than 6.5)
International Secondary School students
For more information for International Students, including the International Baccalaureate, please go to the International Secondary School equivalency page.
Alternative entry pathways
For those applicants who do not currently have the required academic qualifications, there are a number of alternative entry pathways:
- Bond University Tertiary Preparation programs
- Bond University Diploma programs
- Other institutional Tertiary Preparation Programs
- Vocational education and training qualifications (Certificate IV and above)
- Prior higher education experience (at this university or another)
- Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT)
- Professional or para-professional qualifications/experience
- Employment experience verified by a statement of service from the employer stating the position title and length of service and a very brief statement on the tasks undertaken.
For more information on what is required please visit our how to apply page.
English language proficiency requirements
As tuition is delivered in English, all students will be required to provide documented evidence of the required level of proficiency in the English language. Read more detailed information on English language proficiency requirements for university study.
Credit for prior study
Subject credits may be awarded for previous studies. To apply for credits, you will need to submit academic transcripts including detailed subject outlines/course descriptions for each relevant subject and/or certified copies of testamurs to the Office of Future Students. Please refer to how to apply for credit for more information
How to apply
Where this degree can take you
Individuals with a Bachelor of Health Sciences (Honours, Intensive) degree could expect to find employment in a range of industry sectors including, but not limited to pharmaceuticals, health services, healthcare and social assistance and medical devices, equipment, and hospital supplies.
Typically, students who complete their honours will seek a career in research and/or academia: the program also offers seamless transition to research master’s and PhD studies. Graduates may also wish to pursue further postgraduate study.