Dr Richard Hicks
- Faculty of Society & Design
Level 3, Building 1a, Faculty of Society & Design, Bond University
Richard has an extensive professional, management and teaching background in applied psychology. His early history was in cross-cultural psychology and psychometrics. Richard held senior research and administrative positions in the public services of Zambia and Papua New Guinea and more recently in academia.
Richard has been a member of the College of Developmental and Educational Psychologists. Richard was President of the Queensland Counsellors Association in the early 1990's and also a member of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Management Educators.
Richards early education was at the University College of Newcastle NSW, where he completed majors in Psychology and Mathematics. He also trained as a secondary school teacher (in Rhodesia, Africa), obtaining a University of London qualification. Richards masters and doctoral theses were completed through the University of South Africa (while working in Southern Africa and then in Papua New Guinea).
Richard has taught at several universities including: QUT, The University of Queensland, and the San Jose State University California. Richard has been teaching at Bond University since 1998.
- Fellow, Australian Psychological Society
- Fellow, British Psychological Society
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Member, APS College of Organisational Psychologists
- Member, College of Clinical Psychologists
- Member, College of Counselling Psychologists
Specific interests are in:
personnel and managerial psychology
and vocational and applied social psychology.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of New England
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education, University of London
- Master of Arts, University of South Africa
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of South Africa