- Faculty Business Director
- Faculty of Law
Level 4, Building 4, Faculty of Law, Bond University
Gary has a substantial background as both a Non-Executive Director and senior corporate executive, together with 15 years of experience in senior commercial and professional roles in the tertiary sector. His corporate experience extends from ASX20 organisations BHP Steel and James Hardie Industries, where he held senior roles in marketing, sales, operations and general management.
Gary has been a Managing Partner in business advisory and consulting, advising to ASX listed boards, major government departments and for purpose entities. Gary has broad commercial acumen in varied sectors including manufacturing, heavy industry, agriculture, construction, building, packaging, tourism, public sector, tertiary education, biotechnology, legal and not for profit enterprises. He brings specialist expertise in strategy development and implementation; financial management; audit & risk; marketing, sales and business development; contract and intellectual property law, research funding; community engagement, government liaison, and philanthropic giving.
In the tertiary sector, Gary has led commercial operations in areas such as Intellectual Property Transfer and Commercialisation; research partnerships and funding; alumni management; fundraising and advancement; community engagement; government liaison; and faculty commercial management.
Gary is currently Business Director, Faculty of Law, at Bond University. He holds additional roles as Director, Centre for Enterprise Governance, Program Director Master of Laws in Enterprise Governance and is Editor of the Enterprise Governance eJournal. He holds several current non-executive director and chair roles in the aged and community care sector.
- Graduate, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Commissioner and Non-Executive Director, Anglicare Southern Queensland
- Chair, Audit & Risk Committee, Anglicare Southern Queensland
- Member, Audit & Risk Committee, Anglican Diocese of Brisbane
- Director, Centre for Enterprise Governance, Bond University
- Program Director, Master of Laws In Enterprise Governance, Bond University
- Editor, Enterprise Governance eJournal, Bond University
- Member, Advisory Board, Faculty of Law, Bond University
- Member, Law Executive, Faculty of Law, Bond University
- Member, Admission Standards Committee, Bond University
- Member, Scholarships and Fee Committee, Bond University
Strategy, Risk, Enterprise Governance, Marketing and Corporation Law
- Master of Business in Marketing, University of Technology Sydney
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Queensland
- Graduate Directors Course, Australian Institute of Company Directors