Dr Danny O'Brien
- Associate Professor of Sport Management
- Bond Business School
Level 1, Building 2, Bond Business School, Bond University
Dr. Danny O'Brien is an Assoc. Professor of Sport Management in the Bond Business School at Bond University. Dr. O'Brien is a graduate of Australian Catholic University and California State University, Long Beach. In 2000, he completed a PhD in sport management from DeMontfort University, England that explored organisational change in English rugby union. Dr. O'Brien teaches sport tourism, event management, and strategic management. His research interests lie in sustainable surf tourism, event leveraging, and organisational change. Dr. O'Brien has presented at over 30 international conferences and published book chapters and articles in peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Sport Management; Sport Management Review; European Sport Management Quarterly; Annals of Tourism Research; Journal of Sustainable Tourism; European Journal of Marketing; International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research; Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research; and Journal of Leisure Research.
- Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand
- North American Society for Sport Management
- European Association for Sport Management
- Associate Editor (commencing Nov. 2013) - Sport Management Review
- Visiting Professor, Center for Surf Research - San Diego State University.
- Doctor of Philosophy, DeMontfort University
- Bachelor of Arts, California State University, Long Beach
- Diploma of Teaching, Australian Catholic University