Dr Bhishna Bajracharya
- Associate Professor of Urban Planning
- Sustainable Environments and Planning
- Faculty of Society & Design
Level 3, Building 3, Sustainable Development, Bond University
Dr Bhishna Bajracharya is an Associate Professor of Urban Planning at the Faculty of Society and Design, Bond University. He has previously taught in the urban planning program at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) for more than twelve years. He has also worked as a post-doctoral fellow at the Research School of Social Sciences, Australian National University.
Dr Bajracharya has carried out research on topics such as master planned communities, smart cities, disaster management, transit oriented development, active and healthy living, sustainable campus and knowledge-based regional economy. Dr Bajracharya together with academics from QUT’s Creative Industry faculty has received an Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage grant on the use of community narratives and new media in urban planning. He has also worked on a collaborative research grant from Emergency Queensland on the role of local government in disaster management.
Dr Bajracharya is an alumni of the East West Center, a Hawaii based research organisation with strong focus on policy research in Asia Pacific region. He is also a member of the University Sustainability Committee at Bond University.
Sustainable communities, Planning theory and ethics, Urban design and site analysis, Population and urban Studies, Housing, Asian Cities, Planning Process
- SSUD71-206 - Sustainable Communities
- SSUD11-300 - Planning Process
- SDUP12-201 - Strategic Land Use Planning
- SDUP71-100 - Planning Theory and Ethics
- SDUP71-400 - Research Project
- SSUD71-300 - Planning Process
- SSUD11-102 - Sustainable Development and Society
- SSUD71-403 - Project Planning
- SSUD12-700 - Internship in Sustainable Development
- SSUD99-500 - PhD Thesis - Sustainable Development
- Bachelor of Architecture, School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi University
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Hawaii
- Master of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Hawaii