Associate Professor Allan Stirling joined Bond following the completion of his basic surgical training in the UK.
He completed his undergraduate Medical degree at Dundee University in the UK and since then has worked in various surgical centres both in the UK and Australia.
His research and teaching interests are based around technology in teaching and in particular virtual and augmented reality technology to teach clinical anatomy.
- Australian Medical Council
- AHPRA - Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons - UK
Allan has taught in medical and dental undergraduate subjects in the UK and principally teaches in the medical program at Bond University.
- Australian Learning & Teaching Citation 2010
- Vice Chancellors Quality Award for Teaching Excellence 2013
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching 2016
- BMED11-112 - Human Control Systems
- BMED13-125 - Exploring Human Disease
- BMED11-109 - Principles of Human Structure and Function
- MEDI11-101 - Health and Wellbeing Across the Generations Part A
- MEDI11-102 - Health and Wellbeing Across the Generations Part B
- MEDI12-201 - Challenges to Health Part A
- MEDI12-202 - Challenges to Health Part B
- MEDI12-203 - Challenges to Health Part C
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, Dundee University
- Member Royal College of Surgeons, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Glasgow
- Master Clinical Education, Bond University