The Student Opportunity Fund helps students to maximise opportunities available to them while studying at Bond, including internships, volunteer work, clinical placements (Faculty approved) and other life-changing experiences.
Applications will only be available for Australia based experiences, which are considered COVID safe.
The Fund is supported by generous alumni and community donations into the Ambition Appeal.
The following persons or bodies are eligible to apply for a grant from the Student Opportunity Fund up to $2000 per student or group:
- Bond University students currently enrolled in a Bond University undergraduate degree, postgraduate degree or Bond University College diploma. The extracurricular activities or individual educational opportunities must be undertaken whilst they are enrolled at Bond University;
- Bond University Student Association affiliated clubs and societies.
The fund is designed to support exceptional activities for students that complete an online application form demonstrating ‘out of the classroom’ experience opportunities.
Applications must show how the activity supports their educational experience. Funding can only be granted for ‘not for academic credit’ activities.
Furthermore, grants will not be awarded to students that receive funding from Bond University nor from subsidies sourced by Bond University.
- Week 5: Applications Open (Monday, 11 October, 9am)
- Week 8: Applications Close (Sunday, 7 November, 5pm)
- Week 11: Successful Applicants Notified
Applications must be made using the online application form. No attachments or hyperlinks will be considered.
Applications which are late, incomplete or fail to meet application requirements in any way will not be considered.
If the activity that you are applying for funding for is by a competitive selection process, and your participation is pending final confirmation from a third party, final confirmation will be accepted after the closing date as an addendum to your application. Please email this information to: [email protected]
Students may only apply to the Student Opportunity Fund for one activity per semester.
Enrolment at Bond University in the semester in which the activity takes place is mandatory.
Student Opportunity Fund application rounds are date driven. Please note the following:
- Semester 1 activity = January - April ~ Apply semester 3 (previous year)
- Semester 2 activity = May - August ~ Apply semester 1
- Semester 3 activity = September - December ~ Apply semester 2