- Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine
- Position type:
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 4 years
About the position
- World class researcher
- Strategic thinker
- Organisational leader
The Institute for Evidence-Based Healthcare (IEBH) delivers world-class research, engagement and training that
serves as a national and international resource for scholars, clinicians, system leaders, patients and families
to improve evidence-based healthcare. The effective integration of research into practice advances the health
and healthcare of Australians, influences health policy, improves global health outcomes, and enhances Bond’s
reputation as Australia’s leading private, independent, not-for-profit University.
Established in 2010 as the Centre for Research in Evidence-Based Practice (CREBP), the Institute engages a
globally connected team of highly-skilled researchers and educators who also provide advisory services. These
services aim to guide individuals and groups to consider ways to provide sustainable, evidence-based healthcare,
and how research can better inform policy.
The Institute has developed innovative education and world-leading research initiatives and we are seeking the
next generation of leadership to support us in building on, and delivering, these products to the global community.
This is a long-term role for a highly experienced and energetic academic leader.
Reporting directly to the Director of the Institute, the Deputy Director & Research Professor is a significant role
that requires research, academic and business leadership skills and experience. Our vision for the Deputy Director
& Research Professor role is to continue to build momentum and drive a culture of growth, advance research
capacity and performance, and increase our financial sustainability. Deputy Director & Research Professor will
support the Institute Director to manage and lead a large team across diverse research and business portfolios of
the Institute both at Bond University and at the Evidence-Based Practice Professorial Unit within the Gold Coast
Hospital and Health Service (GCHHS).
The Deputy Director & Research Professor will be located at Bond University Campus, Robina (3 days per week)
and at the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Southport (2 days per week).
- About the person:
Interested candidates should possess:
- A PhD
- Excellent publication record in clinical research, including research experience with some of the Institute research themes: antibiotic resistance, overdiagnosis/overtreatment; neglected non-pharmaceutical treatment; and avoidable waste in research
- Experience with managing research teams, including international research collaborations
- A good track record in successful grant funding
- Experience in supervising HDR (PhD & Masters) students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated capacity to communicate effectively with clinicians, university staff, and student groups
- Experience in development of research capacity and capability within varying disciplines
- High level negotiation skills and the ability to engage and manage complex stakeholder groups, with highly developed skills in relationship building, partnership, and collaboration
- Additional information:
For a confidential discussion regarding this upcoming opportunity, please contact Professor Paul Glasziou, +61 7 5595 5515 or via email [email protected]
Further information on the Institute can be found at https://iebh.bond.edu.au/
- Application and submission details:
Note: A full recruitment campaign for this Level E position will take place in early 2021. Interested applicants will need to submit an application to be considered for this appointment at that time. The anticipated commencement date for the successful candidate will be mid 2021 or by negotiation.
Don't miss out
Applications close at 5:00pm, Wednesday, 23 December 2020.