- Faculty of Society and Design
- Position type:
- Full-time PhD program for three years
- Position reference no:
About the position
Bond University is establishing the Interdisciplinary Centre for the Artificial Mind (iCAM), under the leadership of Professor Irini Giannopulu. The Centre is devoted to the analysis of the mind’s development across the lifespan, and in interaction with artificial environments (robots, virtual/augmented/mixed reality). iCAM is based in the Faculty of Society & Design, with an interdisciplinary and international team of researchers in the areas of Cognitive Neuroscience, Psychology, Mathematics and Engineering.
Bond University’s School of Psychology has established itself as a leader in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research, offering a number of study options. With nationally and internationally recognised psychology academics, our research facilities cater to a wide range of areas including clinical and organisational psychology, social psychology, health psychology and human cognition.
- About the person:
Expressions of interest are sought in any of the areas that will be researched under iCAM. Supervision will be led by Professor Irini Giannopulu. Previous experience in design and coding using C/C++, Java and Matlab would be a significant asset.
- Salary details:
Full tuition fees are awarded as well as a tax-free stipend of AU$26,000 per annum for three years.
- Further information:
For further information regarding this position please contact the Head of School, Professor Irini Giannopulu at +61 7 5595 2673 or email@example.com
- Application and submission details:
For further information regarding this PhD appointment please reference the selection criteria document below:
Your Expression of Interest should include:
- Your CV and copy of academic transcript
- Brief statement of support from an academic referee
- Sample of written work, ideally appropriate for an academic audience (e.g. honours thesis, peer-reviewed journal article, essay written during coursework study or similar)
- “Statement of Purpose” describing your interests, reasons for pursuing this opportunity and longer-term goals (max. 1-2 pages)
Completed applications should be sent to:
Peta Dawson/Kayleigh Corlett
Don't miss out
Applications close at 5:00pm, Tuesday, 31 October 2017.