This subject introduces the concepts of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR). It also covers various software platforms suitable for openBIM application, and appropriate for use in Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery. It is taught from a practical applications perspective in a highly interactive environment. This subject is dedicated to covering BIM-related software platforms and their integration in accordance with openBIM principles. It investigates the impacts of AR and VR on Lean Construction and Integrated Project Delivery, and to review their relevance in context of the buildingSMART Australasia BIM Framework.
This subject has been designed as a micro-credentialed course for the benefit of industry professionals.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Explain the background to the development of AR from the coining of the term by Boeing researcher Thomas Caudell, to its current use in the construction and infrastructure environments, in concert with VR.
2. Define the difference between AR and VR in terms of their application within a BIM/Lean/IPD project delivery context.
3. State the advantages of BIM specific software plaforms such as Autodesk (including Revit) and similar programs to the various stages of the project development process as defined by the buildingSmart Australasia BIM framework.
4. Describe BIM and VR as a model for planning and design, project scheduling, estimating and contract administration, and for advanced facilities management considerations.
5. Define the attributes of a range of software platforms that can be used in openBIM applications within construction project delivery in the BIM/Lean/IPD context.
6. Recall the experience of working with the software platforms described above.
|Withdraw – Financial?||28/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||30/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Financial?||14/03/2021|
|Withdraw – Academic?||21/03/2021|