It is important for planners to recognise the theoretical underpinning of their profession. Planning theory provides a useful basis for understanding the rationale for planning as well as for comprehending the links to professional practice. Planners need to also have a strong grasp of professional ethics. The aim of this subject is to examine the theoretical basis for planning, approaches to planning, and link them to professional practice and ethics.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Understanding of the types of planning theories;
2. Gain a sound knowledge of the foundations of planning theory;
3. Appreciation of the justification for and critiques of planning;
4. Understanding of link between theory and practice of planning;
5. Appreciation of the role of ethics in planning practice.
This subject is not available as a general elective. To be eligible for enrolment, the subject must be specified in the students’ program structure.
|Withdraw – Financial?||10/10/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||31/10/2020|