This subject explores how design strategies and methodologies can play a fundamental role in understanding and addressing broader contemporary global environmental, cultural and social challenges. Understanding of our place and position amongst a complex web of ecological systems is discussed and demonstrated.
A particular area of focus is an analysis and application of passive design strategies including passive solar design, natural ventilation, environmental performance and thermal comfort as a means of reducing energy usage and improving user well-being.
|Faculty||Faculty of Society & Design|
1. Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of broader environmental, social and cultural challenges.
2. Develop critical and holistic thinking between ecological systems and design methods.
3. Demonstrate an awareness of a set of contextual environments.
4. Develop verbal presentation skills combined with 2D and 3D communication techniques.
5. Ability to work collaboratively and contribute constructively to a team environment.
|Withdraw – Financial?||20/06/2020|
|Withdraw – Academic?||11/07/2020|