About the scholarship
- Currently completing high school, Completed high school and applying for undergraduate studies, Postgraduate
- Actuarial Science, Architecture and Built Environment, Business and Commerce, Communication and Creative Media, Health Sciences, Hotel and Tourism, International Relations and Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling, Sport
As part of Bond University’s 30th Anniversary celebrations in 2019, we will be offering a number of part-fee scholarships to high achieving students from Japan, to commemorate the historic milestone in Japanese-Australian friendship and cooperation that occurred in 1989, when Bond Corporation in Australia and Electronics and Industrial Enterprise (EIE) of Japan realised their dream of creating Australia’s first private, not-for-profit university.
Our 30th Anniversary scholarships are available to students from Japan commencing either a Bachelor or Masters degree (or a package of programs including a Bachelor or Masters degree) at Bond University in 2020.
Through our extensive scholarship program, Bond University aims to identify the leaders of the future and help them realise their full potential by providing access to an exceptional educational experience. Proudly supported by key industry partners and global philanthropists, our scholarships are available to students who have excelled academically, in community endeavours and in leadership roles.
Download a copy of the 30th Anniversary Scholarship - Japan Information Flyer.
Our 30th Anniversary - Japan Scholarships are available to students from Japan commencing either a Bachelor or Masters degree at Bond University in 2020. For students undertaking a package of programs (e.g. English for Academic Purposes followed by a Masters degree), the scholarship will apply to the degree portion of the package only. Students must commence the degree portion of their package in or prior to the September 2020 semester.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Have already received an offer from Bond University to commence either a Bachelor or Masters degree, or a package of programs including either a Bachelor or Masters degree, in 2019 or 2020. Students who have not yet received an offer can apply via the Bond University Online Application Form. The following programs are not eligible for consideration for scholarships – Master of Psychology, Study Abroad and Exchange Programs, the Bond Medical Program and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
- Be citizens of Japan and currently residing in Japan. Those studying English at Bond University College as part of a packaged Offer are still eligible to apply.
- Provide evidence of their achievements. Eligibility is not judged solely on academic achievement but also on your contribution to the community. Examples of judging criteria include community involvement, leadership qualities, artistic achievements, sporting achievements, and other activities where you have been recognised for your contribution.
- Complete and submit the 30th Anniversary - Japan Scholarship Application Form by the scholarship application closing date relevant to their chosen starting semester.
- Not have already commenced undergraduate or postgraduate studies at Bond University.
Recipients of the 30th Anniversary - Japan Scholarship are awarded a 50% tuition fee remission for the duration of their chosen program. For students undertaking a package of programs (e.g. English for Academic Purposes followed by a Masters degree), the scholarship will apply to the degree portion of the package only.
The following programs are not eligible for consideration for the 30th Anniversary - Japan Scholarship – Master of Psychology, Study Abroad and Exchange Programs, the Bond Medical Program and Doctor of Physiotherapy.
Following the closing date each semester, Bond will select the successful applicants on a competitive, merit-based process.
This will include a review of each applicants’ achievements as demonstrated by their academic results from their previous home country qualifications as well as their community involvement and other achievements as evidenced in their supporting statement.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome within a month of the scholarship closing date.
Students must complete the Bond University Online Application Form to receive their program offer before applying for this scholarship.
Once an offer has been received, students must complete the 30th Anniversary - Japan Scholarship Application Form. The form must be completed in full and returned to [email protected] by the relevant application closing date.
Applications are currently open for students commencing in September 2020 semester and close on 23 August.
The successful award recipient must:
- comply with Bond’s general scholarship terms and conditions
- maintain a minimum average of 65% or better in their program
- be enrolled on a full-time basis
- participate in promotional activities arranged by the University.
Scholarships are non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Acceptance of the Scholarship implies agreement to meet these obligations.