Dr Marie-Claire Patron
- Assistant Professor
- Faculty of Society & Design
Level 4, Building 1a, Faculty of Society & Design, Bond University
About Marie-Claire Patron
Doctor of Philosophy - University of South Australia
Master of Arts - Bond University
Bachelor of Arts - Monash University
Diploma in Education - Rusden State College
Background in education: Latin Languages, French and Spanish, (Australia, France, Spain. Eight years in Spain; Examiner for the British Association Examiners Board in Marbella, Spain; industrial experience in business, law, banking and the building industry - Interpreting and Translation.
Marie-Claire has been at Bond University since 1991.
Expertise: Intercultural Communication, World Languages, French Language & Culture, Spanish Language & Culture. Coordinator of European languages since 1991- French and Spanish Language teaching methodology. Organised Romance language departments in Australia and Spain and developed French and Spanish Language at Bond.
Established exchange programs between Bond and Universities in France and Spain.
Selection panel for Internship at Austrade, in Paris.
Publications: 7 books since 2007. 4th, 5th & 7th Co-Edited.
8th, Creative publication: Audiobook
Interpreter and translator for Law firms on the Gold Coast
Official interpreter with Migrant Services.
- Official Interpreter in French and Spanish - Centrelink / Migrant Services
- 2002 Consistently Outstanding Academic Achievement in Language Teaching Subjects
- June 2002 Vice-Chancellor's List of Academic Excellence
- February 2013 HSA Teaching Excellence Award
- 1996 Dean's Teaching Award H&SS Faculty
- February 2002 Vice-Chancellor's List of Academic Excellence
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of South Australia
- Diploma in Education, Rusden State College
- Bachelor of Arts, Monash University
- Master of Arts, Bond University