Teacher Librarians, School Library Staff + English Teachers | Professional Development Day
Teacher librarians, school library staff and English teachers are encouraged to attend this Professional Development Day at Bond University on the Gold Coast.
Specifically, the workshop has been designed to develop teacher's capacity to teach in the areas of textual analysis, information literacy and research skills, digital literacy and student creative writing skills. The workshop will include aspects of 21st century skills, digital citizenship, ICT capacity and accessing and analysing information.
This workshop will include :
- Discussing approaches to sourcing and searching relevant literature
- Demonstrating useful information literacy and research methods in English subjects
- Activities that can assist with greater student engagement with the English Syllabus and Assessment items
- Discussing and demonstrating information and digital literacy skills tools and examples
- Discussing creative ways to engage students in textual analysis and evaluation
- A tour of the Campus and libraries
- Take away digital and physical resources to use in the future
This workshop is relevant to elements and the assessments of the QCAA English extension, literature and general senior curriculum, as well as the work of teacher librarians and school library staff.
View a copy of the Current Program
Thursday, 27 February, 2020
8.15am to 3.30pm
Bond University, Princeton Room , Level 3, Building 6
Complimentary car parking is available at various locations on campus.
Please see our new interactive Campus Map for directions to the event location [please ensure you "Allow MazeMap to access your current location"]
$40 per person
Each ticket includes tea & coffee on arrival, morning tea & lunch
Should you have any queries regarding this event, please contact Jamie Endelman via email at [email protected] or phone 07 5595 5553.