Read&Write is a Toolbar designed to help you with the process of researching, reading and writing with a wide variety of tools that you can customise.
- Text-to-speech: Reads words, passages, or whole documents aloud with easy-to-follow dual colour highlighting.
- Talk&Type: Turns the spoken word into text.
- Audio Maker: Converts selected text into an audio file, and automatically downloads.
- Translation & Referencing: Over 80 languages available for translation that you can save to build your personal dictionary housing both definitions and images.
- Check It: Reviews writing for incorrect grammar, spelling (phonetic), capitalisation, punctuation, verb tense and more.
Read&Write is currently available at Bond University on Google Chrome and for PDF and Screenshot assistance. To install head to the instructions below.
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- The Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Disability (Access to Premises — Buildings) Standards 2010)
- Disability Standards for Education 2005
Information on specific disabilities
- Identifying Mental Health Problems/Conditions
- Vision Australia
- JCU Toolkit for Staff
- Beyond Blue for people and families suffering with depression
- The Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET) provides information on specific impairments including ADHD, Asperger's and Autism, Brain Injury, Deafness and Hearing Impairment, Health Conditions, Learning Disabilities, Vision Impairment and Blindness, Mental Illness and Physical Impairments.
- Dragon Systems - The Naturally Speaking Company - voice recognition software
- Duxbury Systems - Braille and related technology
- Jaws Screen-reading and screen-magnification software
- MyStudyBar is free software that accommodates and caters to students who struggle with literacy or with different forms and degrees of dyslexia
- Screen readers and Note takers for Blind, Low Vision and Learning Disabilities
- Read&Write is a Toolbar designed to help you with the process of researching, reading and writing with a wide variety of tools that you can customise.
- ZoomText - Magnifier that enlarges and enhances everything on your computer screen, making all applications easy to see and use for people with low vision
- Disability Connect Queensland
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Disability Employment Services
The Australian Disability Clearing House on Education and Training (ADCET) - ADCET provides up to date and comprehensive information about inclusive teaching, learning and assessment strategies, accommodation and support services for people with disabilities in post secondary education and training.