Bond University’s Faculty of Health Sciences & Medicine enjoys affiliations with numerous local, national and international organisations which grant access to real-life opportunities including internships, clinical placements, work experience and research. Bond continues to expand its network of relationships in this sphere.
The Faculty actively encourages and supports the integration of academic studies with the relevant industry based practical learning experience. Students are provided access to a range of valuable opportunities with professional industry partners whereby ‘hands on’ learning is maximised to facilitate students’ ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical situations. These experiences assist the students’ transition from university to work placement through relevant industry practice.
The health professional programs include a substantial component of clinical placements, some of which are comprised of the highest number of placement hours in Australia.
Previous Bond students have gained experience from organisations such as:
- World Surf League
- Australian Football League
- Australian Institute of Sport
- Australian Olympic Committee
- Australian Rugby Union
- Australian Sports Commission
- Australian University Games
- Baseball Queensland
- Gold Coast City Council
- Gold Coast Hospital
- International Rugby Board
- Momentum Sports Performance Centre
- Netball Queensland
- North Coast Area Health Service
- Pathology Queensland
- Queensland Academy of Sport
- Queensland Medical Laboratory (QML)
- Queensland Cardiology
- Skate Australia
- Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology