COVID-19 (coronavirus): Latest advice for the Bond community.

Accommodation options for students

Bond University Student Housing caters for both domestic and international students. You may be far from home, but you will never feel alone, surrounded by fellow students who are also getting used to life away from their families.

Students have two options for accommodation while studying at Bond:

  • On campus (On campus accommodation is not available to Bond University College English students)
  • Off campus
    • Studio rooms and apartments
    • Homestay (Bond University College English students who are under 18 years of age must use homestay) 
    • Couple, family and share accommodation

Whether you're planning the big move from overseas or moving out of home, use our moving out or moving overseas checklist.

Room tour


Living on campus

You’ll have the time of your life living in our on-campus student housing. You won't be able to find a better location when it comes to commuting to class!

We offer a range of housing options on campus, all which include a dining plan. This makes it easy to live and study on the Gold Coast. You have the choice of private or shared rooms, sharing all the fun of student housing life with your fellow roommates.

Click below to learn more about our on-campus student housing options, important information to know before you apply for on-campus accommodation, as well as how to apply.

Please note, Bond University College English students do not have access to on campus accommodation.

Learn more about on-campus accommodation

Campus accommodation locations

Locate our on-campus student accommodation buildings on the campus map.

Student accommodation buildings include:

  • Accommodation Centre (Building 9)
  • North Tower (Building 8)
  • South Tower (Building 7)
  • The Halls - A Block (Building 11) & B Block (Building 12)

Support services

Living on campus comes with a full network of dedicated support provided by our senior resident fellows, resident fellows, tutor fellows and recreational officers. Plus our extensive study and personal support services on campus are just a short walk from your room.


Living off campus

Bond University is the only university campus on the Gold Coast that is located right in the heart of a genuine residential neighbourhood. For students wanting to live nearby, this means there is a wide range of rental accommodation available within walking distance.

Many students choose to live off campus to experience all that the Gold Coast can offer. Shared accommodation is very popular, and provides an opportunity to meet new people and share the costs of living with your flatmates.

Click the button below for more information about living off campus:


Check out the Off-Campus Accommodation Guide to assist in finding the perfect rental property for your situation.

Study Gold Coast have also compiled a Student Accommodation Guide for those seeking living arrangements on the Gold Coast that has lots of relevant advice. 

Please note Bond University is in no way affiliated with any of the providers listed. This advice is provided to assist our student body with locating suitable accommodation. Any lease entered into, is independent of the University.
    Aerial view of Bond University campus with lakes and Gold Coast skyline

    Bond University

    Aerial view

    Suburb guide

    Use Domain's suburb profiles to learn more about the Gold Coast suburbs surrounding Bond University.

    Getting around

    Bond University is nestled on the cusp of Robina abutting surrounding suburbs including Varsity Lakes, Burleigh Waters and Mermaid Waters. Getting around is easy with public transport options available including buses, trains, taxis including Uber, and bicycle lanes on most roads. Learn more about getting around on the Gold Coast.

    Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

    The RTA is the Queensland Government statutory authority that administers the Residential. Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008. The RTA provides tenancy information and support, bond management (your rental bond money is held by the RTA while renting), dispute resolution, and more. 

    Useful information

    If you're considering living off campus, check out these links:


    Dining card and plan

    Dining card

    Whether you choose to live on or off campus, the Dining Card is a convenient option. 

    This flexible scheme allows you to use your Dining Card in any of the Bond University food outlets at any time of the day that suits you. You can grab something light and easy when you are busy and something substantial when you have more time. You can even pick up essentials at the Bond Express convenience store. The only thing you can’t purchase with your dining credits is alcohol. 

    Dining plan

    The dining plan is compulsory for all students living on campus. It is valid for one semester only and can be topped up if necessary in increments of $110 (including GST).

    Learn more about on-campus dining options, costs and how to book.


    Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

    This is your one-stop shop for some of our most common queries about living on and off campus. 

    General FAQs

    Parking is available free of charge. Permits to be obtained from Security.

    Read more

    All rooms have access to Wi-Fi.

    Yes, on-campus Security is available 24/7.

    Read more

    You can visit campus prior to Orientation however you'll need to ensure you have accommodation organised outside of the University. If you're living on campus, check-in only commences from the Tuesday of Orientation Week.

    We do not supply electrical converter plugs to students, but these can often be purchased from airports or electrical stores in the local area or from the Bond University Bookshop.

    On campus living FAQs

    • Computer internet access and Wi-Fi available
    • Air conditioning
    • King single bed/s (standard twin rooms have single beds only)
    • Linen (including one pillow, pillowcase, sheets, bedspread and blanket)
    • Bedside table/s
    • Wardrobe
    • Study desk and chair
    • Bookshelf
    • Telephone (ISD and IDD)

    Linen (one pillow, pillowcase, sheets, doona/bedspread, and a blanket) is included however you will need to bring:

    • Personal bath and swimming towels
    • Toiletries
    • Washing powder
    • Doona/bedspread cover (please avoid white covers)
    • Clothing
    • Stationery

    To make your room more homely, you may like to purchase or bring:

    • Photos
    • Bedside lamp (note: Building 12 rooms are fitted with bedside lamps)
    • Battery operated lights
    • Other light bedroom décor items like cushions and throws.

    Please contact Student Housing if you're unsure to avoid brining any restricted items.

    It is compulsory to have a Dining Plan while living on campus. The Dining Plan amount is loaded onto your Student ID Card (which acts as a Dining Card) and is balance decreasing.

    Dining plans are valid for one semester only from Monday of 0 Week through to the last day of the semester. Dining plans can be extended if staying over the semester break but not transferrable to the next semester. Dining plans can be topped up if necessary.

    Yes, washers and dryers are available free of charge. You will need to supply your detergent.

    No, this would be in breach of Terms and Conditions that you agree to when you book your on-campus accommodation. The only on-campus accommodation to have access to limited kitchen facilities including a cooktop are the Flats.

    No, this would be in breach of Terms and Conditions that you agree to when you book your on-campus accommodation.

    No, you may not book into a room with someone of the opposite sex.

    Standard issue furniture is supplied to suit the room space. Additional furniture is not permitted except for a bar fridge and television which you can hire or buy.

    No, pets of any description are not permitted.

    17-year-old students can apply for on-campus housing. For younger students, a Homestay may also be an option.

    For special needs students, Bond University has a couple of accessible single ensuite rooms available in the Accommodation Centre (Building 9).

    If you are continuing in the same room for the new semester your belongings can remain in your current room. If you are moving, your belongings must be packed and stored in resident storage with prior arrangements made through Senior Resident Fellows. Your belongings will need to be collected upon your return to campus.

    Off campus living FAQs

    The RTA website states a rental bond / security deposit is money paid by the tenant at the start of a tenancy agreement. It is used as financial protection for the lessor in case the tenant breaches the terms of the agreement. It is not rent and is usually paid in advance. The money is a safeguard for the lessor who can claim the money if the tenant costs them money by damaging their premises, breaching the contract or owing rent. Learn more about rental bonds.

    Things to consider and research when looking for off-campus accommodation include;

    • Location (proximity to campus, food outlets, shopping centres, public transport etc)
    • Rental and other possible costs (rent, transportation, parking, and/or property maintenance costs)
    • Parking availability (if you have a vehicle)
    • Pet friendly (if you have pets)
    • Security

    The cost of living varies however you may like to use Expatistan's Cost of Living Gold Coast as a guide.

    The RTA lists some useful information about share accommodation and co-tenancies which we recommend you familiarise yourself with before signing your tenancy agreement.

    You can contact the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) - Queensland's state government statutory body which provides tenancy information and support as well as dispute resolution and more.However it is always advised that students understand their rights and responsibilities and agree with all the terms outlined in their lease agreement before signing.