School Registrations Open
The Faculty of Law at Bond University conducts one of Australia's oldest high school mooting competitions. The national competition brings together schools from every state and territory who battle it out in front of real judges, barristers and members of the legal profession and academe.
The Faculty is excited to announce that the National High School Mooting Competition will be held in 2023. The competition will be held from Monday, 15 May 2023 to Friday, 19 May 2023.
The Grand Final Day will be held on-campus at Bond University on Saturday, 3 June 2023.
The competition is by invitation and schools that have participated in the past competitions will be sent an invitation to register for the virtual competition in January 2023. Places in the competition are limited to 50 teams only.
The competition is a wonderful opportunity for high school students across Australia to learn about the law and develop their research, public-speaking and advocacy skills.
Please note that this is a private page and therefore the page link/URL should not be shared.
- Places in the competition are limited to 50 teams only. Registration for securing places will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The preliminary rounds of the competition will be held virtually using a video-conferencing platform over a week.
- The National Grand Final day will be held on the Bond University campus on the Gold Coast.
- The competition is open to Year 11 and Year 12 students. Year 10 students may perform the role of Instructing Solicitor.
- All teachers, coaches and/or participants will need to be available at the scheduled time to participate.
- Bond University will cover the cost of travel for teams participating in the National Grand Final Day if the teams' schools are located outside of the South-East Queensland and Northern New South Wales areas.
- The top eight teams nationally, as determined by the judges, will be invited to participated in the National Grand Final at Bond University. (NB: Depending on the quality of the moots there may be more or less than eight teams).
- A Moot Coaching Masterclass webinar will be offered to teachers/coaches free of charge as part of their professional development.
- A Mooting Masterclass will also be held for all participating students free of charge.
- Only one team per school will be accepted to compete.
- It is preferred for team participants to be considering law as a career, or the study of law within a combined degree program.
Any queries you may have regarding the competition, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at [email protected]
- Nadia Singh, Engagement Manager, Faculty of Law - (07) 5595-2067.
- Lindsay Gouldthorpe, Events Coordinator, Bond University - (07) 5595-5034.