Faculty Librarians have extra availability for appointments with students to help you prepare for your assignment Core 1 Critical Thinking & Communication essay.
Monday 14th November - Friday 2nd December
Book a 45-minute appointment with a Librarian. As a bonus, this consultation can count towards your Beyond Bond credit.
Personal appointments are available on campus and online via MS Teams.
A faculty librarian can help you navigate to academic, evidence-based articles, a valuable skill in finding and evaluating information to support your essay argument points.
- navigate to and find quality information using Bond Library and selected academic databases
- find academic research to provide evidence for your arguments
- use advanced search techniques in academic databases
- evaluate information using the Currency, Relevancy, Authority, Purpose (CRAP) methods
- understand why acknowledging information (citing, referencing) to prevent plagiarism is so important
- learn how to use dynamic open-access media for presentations