The goal of the [email protected] program is to encourage a community of practice in mentoring. Mentoring is the process by which someone more experienced (the mentor) offers advice, support, and guidance to someone who is less experienced (the mentee). The mentor encourages the mentee to identify their goals and aspirations, then empowers the mentee to pursue and achieve them.
[email protected] is supported by a dedicated team including:
- our Mentoring Sponsor Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) Professor Keitha Dunstan;
- Capacity Building Convenor Professor Jeff Brand; and
- Strategic Initiatives Coordinator Ms Tanya Forbes.
Our Faculty Mentoring Advocates:
- Professor Chris Del Mar for Faculty of Health Sciences and Medicine,
- Professor Cynthia Fisher for Bond Business School,
- Professor Jonathan Crowe for Faculty of Law; and
- Associate Professor Peta Stapleton for Faculty of Society and Design
Earlier sessions focussed on initiating mentoring relationships which shared useful strategies with a live case study of mentees and mentors.
Professor Sharon Straus’ workshop focussed on perfecting mentorship by looking at the challenges of mentoring and tips for a successful relationship.
This session focusses on reflecting on your mentoring relationship in a social event for mentors and mentees.
Please join us for a cocktail event to celebrate the launch of Research Week and the success of [email protected] for 2018.
Monday, 15 October 2018
4pm - 5.30pm
Level 3, Building 1c
14 University Drive
Robina, QLD 4226