Web3 technologies like crypto, NFTs and the Metaverse are going mainstream fast. Many global companies have significant Web3 projects, including JP Morgan, ANZ Bank, Prada and even KPMG. There are massive opportunities and, of course, threats – but it will be a part of the future for all organisations. We are just at the beginning of the digital asset revolution – all powered by blockchain tech. This session is perfect for people who are interested in how technology will impact the future of all industries, including their own.
Key takeaways will include:
- Overview of how various industries are being impacted, including case studies of how businesses in Australia and offshore are successfully investing in significant Web3 strategies
- Your customers want Web3. The key market for Web3 offerings is GenZ (<26 years) but it is expanding to older demographics fast
- A simple explanation of the key technologies involved. Not enough to build your own smart contract but enough to sound smart at a dinner party
- Issues involved in accepting payment in crypto or holding crypto in corporate treasury
- How NFTs can supercharge your marketing
- What the Metaverse means for all organisations
- Simple strategies for how your organisation can benefit from the Web3 revolution
About the Speaker
Nick is an Honorary Adjunct Professor at Bond University. Nick has been a partner at international law and consulting firm Norton Rose Fulbright for over twenty years, spending the last seven years in global technology and innovation leadership roles. Nick created the world’s first AI-enabled privacy chatbot and won the Financial Times newspaper’s Asia Innovator or the Year Award.
Eight years ago, as a side-hustle, he co-founded online legal service, LawPath which today has over 300,000 customers and 50 employees. Until recently he was a director of ASX300 software company, Integrated Research and is currently on the boards of the Vodafone/TPG Foundation, the Sydney Film Festival and global genomics leader, the Garvan Foundation. He is the author of two Kindle best-selling books Digital Disruption in Australia and Big Data, Big Responsibilities.
This event will be held at Level 2 - Bond in Brisbane, 433 Boundary St, Brisbane.
Paid parking is available onsite at the 433 Boundary St Wilson Car Park with further details here.
Entry to this car park is off Fortescue St. Please note that guests will need to download the Wilson Parking App to pay for parking as there is no ticket machine/boom gate at this car park.
Alternatively, there is paid street parking in nearby streets surrounding the building.
Central Station is approx. a 10min walk (700m away). There is a free loop bus from Central Station (Route 30 – Purple Route) that will drop you outside The Johnson Hotel (which is next door to our building).