Don’t let Unknown Unknowns derail your research!
Early Career Researchers are warmly encouraged to attend a Research Integrity Workshop, which will be aimed at both HDR students (studying for a PhD or Masters by Research), and those a step or two further along the academic research path. Professional staff whose responsibilities encompass these areas are also welcome!
Dr Gary Allen, Senior Consultant from AHRECS and Senior Policy Office at the Office for Research at Griffith University, will run the first Research Integrity workshop for our HDR students and Early Career Researchers on Tuesday October, 10, 2017, 2:00 – 3:30pm, in the Basil Sellers Theatre.
Topics to be covered in the workshop include:
• The Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research (and changes soon to come into effect)
• Honesty and Integrity
• Adequate training expertise for the project
• Conflicts of Interest
• Ethical Conduct
• Data Management – retention and sharing; security, export controls, privacy and consent
• Authorship and publication ethics
• Peer review
• Intellectual Property and Collaboration
• Breaches of the code and research misconduct
Date: Tuesday, October 10th
Time: 2pm - 3.30pm
Location: Basil Sellers Theatre, Building 6, Level 3
Bond Univeristy, 14 University Drive, Robina QLD 4229
Registration: Register here
Please note that these workshops will be held each semester on Wednesdays of week 5. Future workshops will be held on:
• 14 February 2018 (semester 181)
• 13 June 2018 (semester 182)
• 10 October 2018 (semester 183)
For more information, please contact Lisa Marlow.