You are cordially invited to attend a full day multidisciplinary Master Class on Cancer Cachexia, to be held at Bond University on the Gold Coast. This fully catered event will include presentations on the latest research, novel models of care, knowledge translation and implementation science, and panel discussions from local and international leaders in cancer cachexia research and practice. Guests are also invited to propose case-studies, which will be addressed by delegates in a world café style workshop, with discussions supported by an expert panel. For the full program, see below.
Who should attend?
Oncologists, GPs, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health and Social Care Professionals, Educators, Managers and Clinical Researchers.
- An overview of the current evidence base regarding the assessment and management of cancer cachexia (Dr Martin Chasen)
- Developing a service to manage cancer Cachexia (Dr Martin Chasen)
- Bond University cancer rehabilitation services and research (Prof. Liz Isenring - Bond University)
- The anabolic potential in patients with cancer (Dr Barbara van der Meij - Bond University)
- Exercise rehabilittation in patients with cancer (A/Prof. Justin Keogh)
- Models of care for occupational therapy in cancer cachexia (Prof. Susan Brandis)
- Experiences in pioneering practice change and the case for palliative rehabilitation to manage cachexia symptoms (Dr Chasen)
- Trial and triumphs of translation: Tips and tricks for overcoming barriers to implementing best practice cancer nutrition care (Merran Findlay, AvdAPD)
- World cafe workshop: Clinical case studies (Panel discussions facilitated by Dr Martin Chasen)
- Original research on cachexia syndrome: Canadian and Australian perspectives (Panel discussion facilitated by Prof. Liz Isenring)
To discover more about the key speakers, please visit our speakers page.
|Date||Friday, June 16th|
|Time||9am - 4.30pm|
|Location||Cecil and Ida Green University Club Restaurant, Bond University|
Building 6, University Centre, 14 University Drive, Robina QLD 4226
|Catering||Includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea|
|Price||$90.00 per person|
$70.00 per student (Student ID's will be sighted)
|Registration||Please secure your attendance here|
|RSVP||Tuesday, June 13th|
Case - Studies
If you would like to suggest a case-study for work shopping during the event, directly email Skye Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org