Are you in Year 12, pretty good at English and Maths and want to get a head start when it comes to getting into university?
The Bond Business School Year 12 Extension Program is a two day workshop that assists you to transition to university. Our world class academics will focus on knowledge and skills that build upon senior curriculum.
Be part of the select group of students handpicked for the opportunity to gain early direct entry into Bond Business School and be awarded a $5,000 bursary if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Why do it?
- Eligible graduates from the Year 12 Extension Program will be offered early entry into a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management*
- Opportunity to earn a $5,000 bursary
- Get a feel for university life and meet Bond academics and students
- Gain access to the Macquarie Trading Room for a Bloomberg session
- Be better prepared for your Year 12 exams. This program has been designed in collaboration with a current high school teacher to ensure it supports the Queensland Curriculum
- Improve your communication, presentation and MS Excel skills in a small class environment
- Small classes for the brightest sparks only - The program is capped at 60 students!
- Put it on your CV to help you get that job after graduation
*Other business programs may be available dependent on OP predictions.
What can you expect?
- Receive information on what is required during the Welcome and Program Orientation
- Tour and experience the Bond campus and facilities
- Meet fellow participants and form working groups
- Be introduced to Bond academics, staff and current students
- Improve your MS Excel skills
- Experience a Bloomberg data session
- Morning tea and lunch
- Academic lecture on learnings from previous Commonwealth Games
- Group project work with fellow students supported by Bond academic staff
- Start and complete written and oral assessment pieces
- Be part of the group presentation to fellow students and academics
- Morning tea and lunch
Who is eligible?
Partner schools can nominate 5 students* based on the following:
- Completing Year 12 in 2017
- Achieved at least a B in Maths A, B or C or Authority English and a B in one of the following subjects at the end of Year 11: Accounting, Business Management, Economics, BCT, Hospitality, Diploma / Certificate of Business
*A waitlist will be created for schools that have more than 5 eligible students
How do I get direct entry?
Once you have successfully completed the two day program, with the support of your school and parent, eligible students will gain early direct entry to Bond University.
Who is eligible for a bursary?
- Two $5,000 bursaries will be awarded by Bond Business School to the top academic performers at the conclusion of the Year 12 Extension Program.
- Each partner school that has at least four students successfully complete the program will earn a $5,000 bursary to be awarded to one student at their discretion.
Note: $5,000 bursaries will be credited to your future student account to pay for your subject fees. Bursary winners will still be eligible for Bond University scholarships.
Day One — Friday, 28 April
Day Two — Friday, 12 May
The program runs once per year. This means you can complete this program before final exams and QCS, and apply for early direct entry well ahead of QTAC.
How to apply:
- Talk to your teacher or career advisor and parent to get their support.
- Fill in the application form and get your teacher or career advisor and parent to sign off.
- Submit the completed form with a copy of your Year 11 report and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or post by 24 March, 2017 to: Extension Program, Bond Business School, 14 University Drive Robina QLD, 4226.