The Bond Business School Year 12 Extension Program is a two-day workshop that assists you to transition to university. Our world-class academics will focus on knowledge and skills that build upon senior school curriculum. Be part of the select group of students handpicked for the opportunity to receive an early offer into Bond Business School and the opportunity to be awarded a Year 12 Extension Program Scholarship valued at 50% of the tuition fees for a single program or $5,000 bursary if you meet the eligibility criteria.
When is it?
Day One — Thursday, 2 May or Friday 3 May, 2019
Day Two — Thursday, 9 May or Friday, 10 May, 2019
Students may select their preferred two days to attend. The program’s timing allows completion before school exams and Queensland Core Skills (QCS), and allows students to receive an offer well ahead of QTAC’s standard offer rounds.
Why do it?
- Eligible graduates from the Year 12 Extension Program will receive an early offer into their chosen degree subject to meeting the academic entry requirements^
- Opportunity for a Year 12 Extension Program Scholarship valued at 50% of tuition fees or a $5,000 bursary
- Be better prepared for your Year 12 exams. This program has been designed in collaboration with a current high school teacher to ensure it supports the Queensland Curriculum.
- Improve your communication, presentation and MS Excel skills in a small class environment
- Get a feel for university life and meet Bond academics and students.
- Access to the Macquarie Trading Room for a Bloomberg session
- Experience the Transformer innovation space.
- The program is capped at 60 students per day giving you quality time with the experts - your lecturers
^Excludes the Bond Medical Program.
What can you expect?
- Welcome and Program Orientation
- Tour and experience the Bond campus and facilities
- Meet fellow participants, Bond academics and current students
- Improve your MS Excel skills
- Experience a Bloomberg data session
- Enjoy a session in the Transformer innovation space
- Morning tea and lunch
- Group project work with fellow students supported by Bond academic staff
- Start and complete written and oral assessment pieces
- Be part of the group presentation to fellow students and academics
- Morning tea and lunch
Who is eligible?
Partner schools can nominate eight students* based on the following:
- Completing Year 12 in 2019
- Achieved at least a B or higher in Maths A, B or C or
- Authority English, and a B or higher in one of the following subjects at the end of Year 11: Accounting, BCT or Business Management.
- Nominated and supported by a teacher or career advisor and parents
- Available to attend Day One and Day Two of the program
- Demonstrated extracurricular activities
- An interest in future study at Bond University
*A waitlist will be created for schools that have more than eight eligible students
For more information visit bond.edu.au/extensionprogram
Contact: Brendan Howard
Bond Business School
Year 12 Extension Program Academic Co-ordinator