- There will be no Bond University College ceremonies for the remainder of 2020
Diploma Graduands only: You will receive an email from the graduations office with further details on how to register.
All other students (Diploma award recipients, UPP/ Foundation graduands and award recipients): Please click here to register your attendance.
Free parking is available at Bond University in the General Parking areas, with PG3 being the most convenient (see map).
For safety reasons, prams/strollers and wheelchairs are not allowed in the aisles. Seats can be removed to accommodate prams/strollers and wheelchairs – please ask the ushers outside the room for assistance.
Graduands and award recipients are required to wear the official academic dress. The academic dress set includes a gown, which all students must wear, and a stole for Diploma graduands only.
Please note that you will be required to walk up stairs and all academic dress is open at the front, therefore what you are wearing underneath will be visible. For this reason, business attire and comfortable shoes are highly recommended. Shorts, t-shirts, thongs (flip-flops), joggers and other casual clothing and footwear are not considered appropriate. Graduands are also welcome to wear traditional costumes. If the evening is warm, you may wish to remove your jacket as the gowns are quite heavy.
Ordering and collecting academic dress
Diploma graduands only
When you complete the online registration process to confirm your attendance at the ceremony, you will be asked to select the hire or purchase option for academic dress. Your academic dress will only be available for collection and fitting on the day of the ceremony. You may not collect your order before your ceremony day. Orders and payments are managed by GFP Graduations (Email: [email protected], Tel: 1300 360 445 (International: +61 8 8154 1388).
All other students (Diploma award recipients, UPP/ Foundation graduands and award recipients, EAP award recipients)
When you register for the event via the Eventbrite registration form you will be prompted to select your gown size at this stage. Your academic dress will only be available for collection and fitting on the day of the ceremony.
Family and friends are welcome to attend to help you celebrate your special day and there is no charge for guest tickets.
When you register to graduate you can order up to two guest tickets to attend the ceremony. If you would like extra family members or friends to attend as well, you can request additional guest tickets by emailing [email protected] after 9am Wednesday, 5 February. You'll be notified on the outcome of your request as soon as possible. Please note requests for additional tickets cannot be considered prior to the above date
Guests may enter the University Club 45 minutes prior to the ceremony. Guest seating is not reserved. All guests must be seated 20 minutes prior to the ceremony and remain seated until the conclusion of the ceremony.
The University has engaged a professional photography company – GFP Studios – to take a photograph of each graduand crossing the stage and receiving their degree. To obtain your free digital stage photo please go to https://grads.gfp.com.au/postceremony and use your Student ID as a voucher code at the checkout. GFP Studios are also available before or after the ceremony to take professional photographs.
While you are welcome to take photographs prior to the ceremony, guests will be prohibited from taking photos or videos from locations such as the stage and graduand seating area once the graduands have been seated. You may take photos from your seat during the ceremony. If you need to stand, we ask that you do so briefly so as not to block other guests’ view of the proceedings.
Please ensure you are familiar with the graduation ceremony protocols as they will assist you on Graduation Day. The protocols outline procedures you will need to follow and also provide information for your guests.
Bond University College encourages graduands to display any of the following awards and medals on their graduation day as part of their academic regalia:
- Australia Day and National Medals presented by a Minister or Official of a State Government and/or the Australian Commonwealth Government
- Premiership medals awarded for playing in a premiership winning side
- Olympic and/or Commonwealth Games medals won in competition
- Australian University Games medals
- National Association Awards
- Medals from international discipline competitions (for example: academic and/or creative arts competitions); and
- National and/or State Community Awards (for example: Rotary, Lions, SLS, RSL, Bravery Awards).
- When directed by staff, line up at the side of the stage and walk to the foot of the steps.
- When your name is read out, step onto the stage and walk to the Presiding Officer to receive your testamur.
- Shake the Presiding Officer's hand and accept your testamur with your left hand.
- Continue across the stage to shake the Provost's hand.
- Exit the stage at the far side.
- Walk to the back of the room along the right hand side of the guests, making your way back to the Graduand seating area.
- At the completion of the ceremony, graduates will join the end of the Academic Procession, to exit the room. Graduates should then exit promptly to join family and friends at the University Club for light refreshments.
- University Club doors will open for guests 45 minutes prior to the commencement of the ceremony. All guests must be seated in the University Club 20 minutes PRIOR to the commencement of the ceremony.
- Please turn all mobile phones and other devices to silent prior to the start of the ceremony.
- We ask that all guests stand as the Academic Procession enters the hall and remain upstanding until requested to be seated.
- At the completion of the ceremony, guests will be asked to stand and remain standing while the Academic Procession, followed by the graduates, leaves the University Club.