Sexual assault or harassment is never okay.
Bond University and the Bond University Student Association (BUSA) are jointly committed to a healthy culture of respect and responsibility that provides for a safe and supportive campus for everyone.
Bond University has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual assault, harassment and violence. The Student Support Strategy outlines what Bond University has actioned and what actions are being pursued to ensure the safety of every student.
Bond has specialist staff trained in responding to serious incidents and providing the appropriate support and privacy to victims of harassment and cooperates with Queensland Police by assisting with enquiries and investigations.
You are encouraged to report any incidents of sexual violence and harassment. Options for reporting include:
- Bond University Security
- Bond University’s counselling service
- National Hotline for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault on 1800 737 732
- Lifeline Telephone Counselling 24 Hrs Line on 131 114
- Crisis Counselling Service on 1300 363 622
- Acute Care Service on 5537 0660
- Sexual Assault Line on 1800 010 120
- or the Domestic Violence Line on 1800 811 811
Our support services
Response to sexual misconduct
Bond University takes very seriously its responsibility to protect students and staff from sexual assault, interpersonal and sexual harassment and violence. Read more about making a report, getting support for your physical and emotional well being and the measures taken against perpetrators.
Our Psychologists at Bond University provide a free, confidential counselling service for students and staff. They have excellent contacts with the wider healthcare community and can arrange specialist, professional assistance off campus if required also.
What is the Respect Now Always campaign?
- A sector-wide campaign to prevent sexual assault and harassment
- A campaign to educate and empower
- A national campaign with local leadership
- An opportunity to keep improving policies and responses
- A year of heightened awareness
To read more about the campaign nationally, visit: Respect.Now.Always. #respectnowalways