Beyond Bond is a practical, activity-based program that extends across the duration of all undergraduate degrees. Administered by the Career Development Centre (CDC) as a mandatory degree requirement, it ensures that all Bond students engage in various extra-curricular activities that complement their academic studies.
Each approved activity is given a points value and students must undertake a minimum of three electives PLUS the compulsory career development component. to accrue a minimum of 100 points.
Compulsory unit: Beyond Bond Core activities
Incorporates career guidance and planning, ensuring that Bond graduates have a clear idea of their goals and a detailed strategy to achieve them.
Three or more electives must be chosen from the approved list under the categories of:
- Work-based – Internships, part-time employment, service-based learning, elite sports engagement;
- Work-related – Mooting, BondCo, capstone projects, industry-related competitions;
- Community-based – Volunteering, mentoring / coaching programs, community leadership, global experience;
- Career exploration – Attending career events, industry engagement, career workshops.
For each activity undertaken, students must complete a written submission reflecting on the value of the experience and how it has enhanced specific employability skills. These submissions can be viewed in iLearn.
University core subjects
As part of all undergraduate degree structures, students must undertake Bond’s three University core subjects:
The compulsory and elective components of Beyond Bond and our University Core Curriculum have been selected for their ability to develop and enhance key employability skills identified as being essential to bridging the gap between university and the workplace:
- Communication – oral and written
- Critical thinking
- Planning / Organising
- Information Management
- Initiative / Enterprise
- Global perspective
- Ethical thought and action
We actively encourage the participation of large and small organisations in Beyond Bond and other graduate development initiatives.
You may wish to offer a student internship or capstone project, present an on-campus workshop related to your industry or involve our students in a volunteering initiative or community service program.
Getting involved in Beyond Bond is one of the best ways to identify potential star recruits for your business while making a vital contribution to industry-relevant education.
How Bond rates
In independent surveys and ratings, Bond University is consistently recognised for the employability and quality of its graduates.
- 2017 Good Universities Guide
- Maximum five stars for Skills Development
- 2014 QS Stars Rating
- Maximum five stars for Employability
- Australian Financial Review BOSS Rankings
- Rated #1 for Student Satisfaction
- Ranked in the Top 3 for Skills Development
- Executive MBA ranked in the Top 5
- MBA ranked in the Top 10
Our Bond Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business and ranked among the top 5% of business schools worldwide.