Life At Bond
Social Life & Societies
Bond University is renowned for its active social and sporting life, with regular student events including Wednesday barbeques by the lake, live music at Don’s Tavern every Thursday night, the End of Semester Bash and, for students living on campus, the weekly Res Wars.
Additional social events are organised regularly by the individual Faculties and more than 40 special interest clubs and societies operating on campus, such as the Business Students Association and Students in Free Enterprise.
For sports lovers, you can compete socially or seriously in everything from aikido and dragonboat racing through to tennis, swimming and rugby through our 30 sporting clubs.
It’s not just the teaching facilities that are world-class at Bond. Here on campus, you’ll have full access to a host of sporting, leisure and lifestyle conveniences such as:
- Sport & Recreation Centre, with a fully equipped gymnasium, weights room, boxing circuit training room, spinning studio, spa and sauna
- 50m Olympic-size swimming pool
- Rugby and soccer fields; tennis, squash and volleyball courts; golf and cricket practice nets’ air-conditioned multi-purpose hall equipped for indoor basketball, volleyball, netball, badminton, table tennis, soccer and over 40 weekly classes in everything from aerobics and yoga to kickboxing
- Cafes, restaurants and bars overlooking our tranquil lake
- On-campus Commercial Centre incorporating post office, bookshop, printing office, Student Flights travel agency, and Automatic Teller Machines (ATMs)
- Medical Centre, staffed by a doctor and nurse; fully qualified Personal Counsellors, Study Support Team and Pastoral Care services.
The Bond University campus is patrolled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by our on-staff Security Officers and monitored by security cameras. Security Officers can also be contacted by phone at any hour to assist in an emergency or even just to provide a safe escort to your car or residence after dark.
Living on the Gold Coast, Australia
Bond University is located in the heart of the Gold Coast with easy access to the beaches, nightclubs, theme parks, shopping centres, golf courses and World Heritage rainforests which make this Australia’s favourite holiday destination.
Get out and about on your own using public transport links from the campus or join fellow students on the regular day-trips and longer holiday packages organised by our on-campus travel agency in the Commercial Centre.
Live the student lifestyle on campus in your choice of single and twin share rooms or multi-room bungalows. Residential students also enjoy the convenience of our meal plans and an active social life.
Alternatively, we can help you find off-campus rental apartments, share houses or homestay accommodation within a short distance of the university.
View our accommodation and dining plan options.